How An AC Tune Up Can Save You Money
We all know mechanical devices need some TLC to function correctly and at peak efficiency. For example, you know that your vehicle needs regular service and a tune-up at specific milestones in its service to continue to provide reliable transportation. But sadly, the HVAC industry has not done as well as the automotive industry when it comes to marketing and impressing the need for service and tune-ups on consumers. So the Blue Ox Heating & Air team wants to correct that oversight by defining the value of an AC tune-up. And the best way to depict that benefit is by showing consumers how they can save money immediately and long-term by investing a small amount in a professional AC tune-up.
What You Get For Your Money
The term AC tune-up might sound very vague to the average homeowner. However, when you call Blue Ox for an AC tune-up, we provide a comprehensive list of services included in our 16-point service. We include all the basics, such as cleaning and testing, in addition to:
- Test and cycle air conditioner
- Calibrate thermostat and proper operations
- Check temperature drops across the evaporator coil
- Check and adjust airflow
- Check and flush the condensate drain line
- Check air conditioner circuit breakers
- Check and cycle defrost control
- Check the electrical disconnect box
- Inspect condenser fan motor operations and lubricate as necessary
- Inspect and tighten electrical connections
- Visually inspect for minor leaks
- Inspect and test Start/ Run capacitors and relays
- Test operations and condition of compressor contractor
- Inspect blower assembly operation, lubricate and adjust as necessary
- Check amperage of compressor for proper power operations
- Clean outdoor condenser coil and remove debris from the unit
Now that you know what we provide for your investment, we will explain how these services save you money.
The Benefit Of Quality Cleaning
Professionally cleaning your AC system will reduce energy consumption by as much as 15%. That cleaning will also help reduce the dust and dirt circulating in your home. So look forward to less time spent vacuuming and dusting and lower spending on cleaning supplies.
Increased Health Is Priceless
You cannot put a price on your health and feeling good, or can you? Anyone with allergies and respiratory issues knows the cost of breathing dirty or contaminated air. From added allergy medication to more trips to the doctor, allergies, asthma, and respiratory problems come with a hefty price tag. However, you can eliminate some of those costs with a professional AC tune-up to clean your AC and deliver more pure air into your home in the summertime.
Increased Longevity For Your AC
Regardless of the cost of your AC system, the longer its life, the more economical the investment. This is because each year of service makes the per-year investment lower. So you can protect the life of your AC with an annual tune-up and expect a decade of reliability or more. In contrast, you can overlook yearly tune-ups and face the cost of a new AC system in 5 to 7 years.
Contact the AC tune-up pros at Blue Ox Heating And Air at 952-208-4570 to begin saving money, thanks to a professional AC tune-up.