DUCTLESS SYSTEMS & SERVICES IN MINNEAPOLIS-ST. PAUL
Are you trying to decide on the best heating and cooling system for your home in Minneapolis-St. Paul or the surrounding communities? If central heating and air conditioning isn’t the answer for your home, Blue Ox offers a variety of other options, including ductless. Ductless systems are becoming more popular for homeowners who want an efficient way to heat and cool their homes.
What are Ductless Systems?
Ductless systems are also known as ductless mini-splits. They are similar to heat pumps because they heat and cool the home with electricity and refrigerant. The unit in one of these systems moves heat to be more efficient than converting it from a fuel.
Ductless systems have a condensing unit that is stored outside. They also consist of an air handler which is mounted indoors on a wall and a conduit to connect it to the outdoor unit. You can connect as many as five indoor units to the one outside condenser. This allows you to create zones for your heating and cooling. Ductless systems provide reduced energy costs and cleaner air while offering a more comfortable space and less maintenance.
A ductless system may be right for you if you meet the following conditions:
- You have an older home without central air, and you don’t want to pay for ductwork.
- You want to save money from the expense of electric baseboard heat.
- You’re adding a room or addition, and you don’t want to add ductwork to the space.
- You’re converting an attic, basement or garage into living space and need to heat and cool it.
- You have a room that is difficult to heat or cool.
- You want to be more efficient in heating and cooling your home and have leaky air ducts.
Our Services with Ductless Mini-Split Systems
You can rely on Blue Ox for ductless mini-split service in Minneapolis-St. Paul.
- Maintenance – These systems are easy to maintain, but they shouldn’t be forgotten. They need a visit from a pro twice a year to ensure everything is working correctly.
- System repair – Our technicians can diagnose any issues you may be having and make the repair. We’ll come anytime you need us, day or night, holidays and weekends.
- Installation and replacement – We use the best manufacturers of ductless systems for our customers. We help you decide on the best one for your home and will provide professional installation.
Have Ductless Heating and Air Conditioning Installed in Your Minneapolis-St. Paul Home
Here at Blue Ox, our technicians have received extensive training on ductless systems. We’re even listed as a Featured Contractor in the Ductless Directory, which is a resource to help homeowners learn about these systems.
Are you trying to decide on the best heating and cooling system for your home in Minneapolis - St. Paul, or the surrounding communities? If central heating and air conditioning are not the ideal solutions for your home, Blue Ox offers a variety of other options, including ductless. Ductless systems are becoming more popular for homeowners who want an efficient way to heat and cool their homes.
What Is A Ductless Mini Split?
As the name implies, a ductless mini split is a system that does not require ductwork to heat and cool your home. Instead, this device uses one indoor unit and one outdoor unit as well as electricity and refrigerant to heat and cool the space, much like a heat pump. The outdoor component is the condensing unit, while the indoor portion is the air handler and is typically located on a wall of the space it services. All that is required to connect the two pieces of the system is a small three-inch hole through the exterior wall of your home. In addition, many models can support up to four indoor air handling components for each outdoor condenser to provide independently controlled heating and cooling to up to four spaces.
The Advantages Of The Ductless Mini Split System
A ductless mini split has several advantages that appeal to homeowners and commercial property owners alike. The most impressive is that the independently controlled air handlers allow for substantial savings on heating and cooling costs. In addition, adjusting the temperature of only the spaces in use can help reduce the energy needed for heating and cooling and your energy bills while extending the life of the air handling units used less frequently.
Another significant benefit of ductless units is added efficiency. Consumers are often shocked to learn that the ductwork in a typical HVAC system accounts for up to a 30% loss of heated or cooled air in the structure. So without the loss of temperature control in the ducts, you can look forward to added energy efficiency and less run time on a ductless mini split than a traditional ducted HVAC system.
Finally, the installation process of a ductless mini split is far less complex and invasive than a ducted heating and cooling system. Instead of significantly damaging walls, floors, and ceilings, there is only a tiny hole cut in the exterior wall to connect the indoor and outdoor components. This approximately three-inch hole and sleeve are easily created and sealed in minutes compared to hours or days of ductwork installation.
The Ideal Applications For Ductless Mini Split Systems
While many homeowners are unaware of mini split systems, the team at Blue Ox wants customers to understand that these reliable systems provide the perfect solution for many challenges. Consider a mini-split system for:
- Installation in an older home to provide AC without the cost and destruction needed to install ductwork
- As a retrofit to eliminate the high operating cost and inefficiency of electric baseboard heating
- Heating and cooling of a new addition to a home or commercial property
- As a source of heating and cooling for a newly finished space in your home, such as the basement, attic, or garage that was not previously climate controlled
- an affordable and easy-to-install solution for a tiny home, quest house, or other small structure on your property
- A room that has been or becomes challenging to heat or cool
- As an affordable solution when your home’s ductwork is damaged, leaking, and highly inefficient.
OUR SERVICES WITH DUCTLESS MINI-SPLIT SYSTEMS
You can rely on Blue Ox for the highest quality ductless mini-split service in Minneapolis-St. Paul at fair and reasonable prices. Our expert services include:
Maintenance – These systems are easy to maintain but shouldn’t be forgotten. They need a visit from a pro twice a year to ensure everything is working correctly.
System repair – Our technicians can diagnose any issues you may be having and make the repair. We’ll come anytime you need us, day or night, on holidays and weekends.
Installation and replacement – We use only the best manufacturers of ductless systems for our customers. We help you choose the best one for your home and will provide professional and fully warrantied installation.
HAVE DUCTLESS HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING INSTALLED IN YOUR MINNEAPOLIS-ST. PAUL HOME
Here at Blue Ox, our technicians have received extensive training on ductless systems. We are even listed as a Featured Contractor in the Ductless Directory, a reliable and valuable resource to help homeowners learn about these systems.
So, if you’re still wondering whether a ductless mini-split could work for your Minneapolis - St. Paul home, please give us a call at 952-213-3955. We would be happy to provide a free consultation to answer any remaining questions you have!
If you’re still wondering whether a ductless mini-split could work for your Minneapolis-St. Paul home, please give us a call at 952-208-4570. We would be happy to provide a free consultation to answer any remaining questions you have!