Air Cleaners and Air Purifiers
An air cleaner or air purifier installed by Blue Ox Heating & Air will protect your home against airborne bacteria, toxins, mold, chemicals, and other pollutants. We have a great selection of HEPA air filters and UV Light Purifiers to choose from. Our technicians will explain the options and benefits, so you can make the right decision for your home and family.
What's the difference between an air cleaner and an air purifier?
The terms "air cleaner" and "air purifier" are often used interchangeably to refer to devices that improve indoor air quality. However, there can be some subtle differences in their definitions and functionality depending on the context.
- An air cleaner is a broad term used to describe any device or system that removes certain contaminants from the air.
- An air purifier is a specific type of air cleaner designed to improve indoor air quality. Air purifiers typically use advanced technologies such as HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters, activated carbon filters, electrostatic precipitators, or UV (Ultraviolet) germicidal irradiation to target a wide range of pollutants, including fine particles, allergens, bacteria, viruses, mold spores, odors, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Hepa Air Filter Benefits
The percentage of homes with indoor air contamination in Minnesota is growing which contributes to multiple respiratory conditions. We install the same HEPA air filter as used in hospital clean rooms and microchip manufacturing plants. These high efficiency air filters use a combination of 3 filters to remove up to 99.97% of airborne particles, helping you effectively control and reduce dust inside your home, including dust spores, pet dander, and pollen.
Here are just a few reasons why you should consider investing in quality filters:
- Clean the air. Ensure the air in your home is clean and fresh with a high-quality filter.
- Maximize the efficiency of your heating and cooling system. Reduce the workload of your furnace and air conditioner by ensuring it has a clean filter at all times.
- Increase the lifespan of your furnace and air conditioner. Clean, high-quality filters will allow the air to freely flow through your duct-system, and avoid overheating, freezing or other damage from occurring.
- Avoid costly repairs. Clogged filters can result in a frozen evaporator coil and overheating of the furnace which can shut your entire system down. An investment in a better filter will save you money in the long run.
UV Light Air Purification
Ultraviolet (UV) light purification systems have increased in popularity as one of the most efficient ways to clean the air in your home. As the contaminated air flows through the ductwork, the ultraviolet light destroys the structure of bacteria and other microorganisms. UV lights are used in many medical facilities and labs since they effectively destroy a large percentage of bacteria and viruses.
WHY SHOULD I INSTALL ONE IN MY HOME?
Installing a new UV light air purification system in your home improves the air quality in your home by eradicating up to 99.9% of germs circulating throughout the air in your home. It works synergistically with other filtration systems, such as HEPA filters to improve the air quality in your home by nearly 99%.
Will An Air Purifier Improve My Health?
Contaminated indoor air can contribute to a host of chronic and acute lung conditions. These pollutants are silent destroyers, as most people can’t even tell that they’re present. They include:
- Mold Spores
- Bacteria and Viruses
- Secondhand Tobacco Smoke
- Carbon Monoxide
- Lead Dust
We sell only the highest quality air purifiers to ensure the air in your home becomes cleaner and stays that way.
WE SUPPLY PEACE OF MIND
At Blue Ox Heating & Air, we understand that you want only the best for your family. With that comes the peace of mind knowing that your children, your parents, and your favorite pets are breathing the cleanest air possible. Let us help you transform your safe haven into a place that is truly safe with an air cleaning system. Our air quality experts will be able to equip your home with the tools it needs to provide amazing air.
POLARIZED-MEDIA AIR CLEANERS
Polarized-Media Air Cleaners remove even the smallest submicron particles that are otherwise absorbed into our lungs and bloodstreams. By installing a polarized-media air cleaner in your home’s HVAC system, you will clean the entire house of smoke, odors and sub-micron particles in your air. A human air is 150 microns, so we’re talking about cleaning the 98% of particles in your indoor air that are smaller than 1.0 micron. Ask any allergy sufferer and they will tell you, what you can’t see, can hurt you! A dynamic air cleaner is quiet, efficient and easily integrates into your existing heating and cooling system.