When your Blaine or Centerville home’s boiler works well, it provides the ideal warmth for our cold region. However, when it begins to have issues, you need a professional with boiler expertise to avoid any severe problems or water damage to your home. The boiler experts at Blue Ox Heating and Air are here 24/7 to assist you with any boiler service or new installation work that you might need. Just call 952-208-4570 to speak to a member of our team who will answer your questions and get an expert dispatched to your home.
Common Boiler Problems You Might Encounter
When you have a boiler rather than a furnace in your home, the issues you could face are somewhat unique compared to other heating systems. And most of them require the talent of a trained professional to ensure a reliable repair and for the safety of your loved ones and home. Some of these common boiler issues include:
- Leaking Or Dripping – Leaks can be caused by wear and tear of seals, internal parts, or damage caused by rust or corrosion.
- Banging, Whistling, Or Odd Gurgling Sounds – These odd noises can be caused by several issues, including air in the system, low pressure, or the impending failure of a component.
- No Heat – This complex system can have many issues that result in no heat in your home, including worn-out components, thermostat issues or failure, or improper water levels.
- Rumbling Like A Boiling Kettle – This boiling sound is often due to lime and sludge build-up inhibiting the flow of water in the system.
- Radiators Are Not Getting Hot – This issue is usually the result of lime and sludge blocking the flow of water to the radiator.
- Boiler Keeps Turning Off – There are many reasons that the boiler could be shutting down, from low water pressure to thermostat issues. The problem will need the attention of a certified expert to locate and correct your heating issue.
When To Repair Or Replace Your Boiler
When you begin to have boiler issues, you will want to weigh your options for a repair or replacement carefully. There are many factors that need to be considered, including:
- Safety – The safety of your home and loves ones should always be your priority. If the unit is unsafe, a replacement is really the simple choice.
- Age- The lifespan of a typical boiler is from 10 to 15 years. If you are reaching the end of that life expectancy, investing in repairs is not a wise choice. After about the 10-year point, never spend more than 50% of the cost of a new boiler on repairs.
- Repairs – Evaluate the frequency and cost of repairs to determine if the unit is dependable for your home’s heating needs.
- Operation Cost – Evaluate the energy efficiency to determine if you are spending too much on power, and a newer unit would deliver substantial savings each month.
For help with any boiler service or installation, call the experts at Blue Ox Heating and Air at 952-208-4570..