The topic of HVAC equipment replacements is rarely popular among homeowners. Granted, these are some of the more expensive pieces of equipment in your Dayton or Buffalo home, but they are also vital to its safety and comfort year-round. So there is a great deal of wisdom in being proactive and working closely with the experts at Blue Ox Heating And Air to know when to replace your furnace and air conditioner before it is too late.
Knowing The Life Expectancy Of Your HVAC Equipment
If you built or purchased your home when it was brand new, it is easier to keep track of the HVAC system’s age. In colder regions, furnaces can be expected to provide about 15 to 20 years of reliability, with AC units coming in at slightly less. But the critical factor in getting the most out of your HVAC equipment investment is regular professional service and maintenance. Without proper care, you should consider anything over a decade as fortunate.
In addition to professional care, clean air filters are essential to the longevity of your furnace and air conditioner. A clogged air filter will starve the system for air and cause the fan motor to work exponentially harder than it should. The result is a decrease of several years in the life expectancy of the equipment. You can ensure the proper care of your HVAC system by calling 952-208-4570 to learn more about the Blue Ox Heating And Air Legendary Care Club for affordable maintenance and discounts on repairs.
Signs That Your Furnace’s Days Are Numbered
Having no heat in the winter is not how you want to discover it is time for a new furnace. Instead, it is advisable to learn the signs of an ailing furnace which include:
- Frequent issues that require professional repair
- Constant rattling, buzzing, or humming to indicate loose or broken pieces
- Excessive dust coming from the registers
- Any soot or rust blowing from the registers
- Uneven heating in the house or some rooms
- Constantly increasing heating costs
- Visible damage, rust, or corrosion on the exterior of the furnace
When you notice any of these indications of an aging furnace, call 952-208-4570 to begin planning for a furnace replacement from the pros at Blue Ox Heating And Air.
Learning To Listen To Your AC Unit
Much like your furnace, your air conditioner will also provide some warning signs of impending failure. And while not as critical as your furnace, you still don’t want to endure a few sticky days and nights before it can be replaced. The warning signs include:
- The unit is blowing warm air
- The unit is not blowing any air or will not turn on
- The AC is making many rattling or banging sounds when running
- The air conditioner is constantly running, but the house is never cool
- The unit is short cycling
When you discover these warning signs, call the AC experts at Blue Ox Heating And Air at 952-208-4570 for a price quote for a new air conditioner backed by our complete warranty. And check out our coupon page for great money-saving opportunities.