Heat Pump Service for Minneapolis-St Paul Residents
If you need to replace your current heating system, you may want to consider a more efficient way to not only heat your home but cool it as well. A heat pump does both as an air conditioner and backup heat source for the coldest weather. Keep your home and family comfortable all year long with the help of Blue Ox Heating & Air.
“Serving all of Minneapolis & St. Paul Area.
Heat Pump is what we do! Call Us Today!”
What a Heat Pump Does
A heat pump is part of the HVAC system, which uses electricity and a refrigerant to move heat. It works similar to air conditioning systems. One key difference is that heat pumps have a switch to reverse the process and move heat the other way. The take hot air from the house and push it outside during the summer. During the winter, they do the opposite by taking heat from the outside air and pulling it inside.
The reason heat pumps work so efficiently is because they take existing heat rather than having to generate it from another source. This becomes more difficult when the air temperature drops below 32 degrees Fahrenheit outside because of the cold air. You still need a backup heat source, which can be either a furnace or electric resistance heating.
Heat pumps come in three types.
- Air-source heat pumps – This is the type most commonly used. They look like AC units and function the same way using an outdoor condenser and an evaporator for indoors.
- Geothermal heat pumps – This type of pump requires enough land and the right soil conditions. This is an efficient, eco-friendly and cost-effective choice for heating and cooling a home.
- Ductless heat pumps – This type of system has a condensing unit located outside the home and air handlers inside mounted on the wall for homes with no ductwork.
Heat Pump Service
Call Blue Ox for heat pump service if you live in the Minneapolis-St Paul area.
- Heat pump maintenance – We provide tune-ups and maintenance each spring and fall for heat pumps to ensure optimal efficiency in operation all year long.
- Repair of heat pump – When something happens and a part wears out or the system stops working, we’re here to help you get it back up and going. We provide service on evenings and weekends to keep you comfortable.
- Installation and replacement – Proper professional installation is critical to ongoing performance of a heat pump system. Let the team at Blue Ox help you choose a heat pump to efficiently heat and cool your home or to replace your current heat pump system. We provide installation with a 100% guarantee.