When it comes to air pollution and air quality, most of us only think about the air we breathe outdoors; however, you might be very alarmed to learn that the air quality in your home and office can be equally as hazardous as the air outside. Some of this is due to the increase in pollution in general, but another significant factor is the increase in the efficiency of many homes.
Being significantly more air-tight is excellent when you are thinking about heating and cooling costs. But what you are not thinking about is all of the contaminants and pollutants trapped inside your home. One of the telltale signs of indoor air pollution is that annoying layer of dust that quickly appears on your furniture and flat surfaces. More than annoying, it is hazardous to your health. That is why a whole home or office air purification is essential.
Benefits Of Air Purification
We all know that clean air is essential, but it can be shocking to see even a partial list of the benefits of a complete air purification system, including:
- Reduces Asthma Symptoms
- Reduces Allergy Symptoms
- Eliminates Harmful Asbestos Particles
- Removes Harmful Radon
- Reduces Potential For Airborne Diseases
- Removes Odors
- Improves Sleep
- Increases Life Expectancy
The Various Types Of Air Purification
There are several air purification systems that the Blue Ox team can install in your home’s HVAC system. We have a short description of each purification type to help you understand how these systems function and what pollutants they focus on removing from the air in your home.
- Electronic Purification: These devices are integrated into the HVAC system to remove particles like dust, smoke, pet dander, pollen, and mites. The most efficient systems remove over 90% of these pollutants and are very helpful for those with allergies.
- UV Purification: UV light is very useful in eliminating germs and mold spores. These systems have been used to purify water in treatment facilities for years. And they are now being adapted to clean the air in residential and office settings. A UV system, combined with an electronic unit, offers some of the purest and healthiest air found in an indoor environment.
- High-Efficiency Pleated Air Filters: Most HVAC systems have only a very basic filter. These filters’ primary function is to protect the HVAC equipment rather than provide you with clean air to breathe. These filters only remove around 5% of the particles in the air that are considered hazardous to the equipment. Replacing basic filters with a high-efficiency selection will substantially increase the air quality. Many filters remove over 20% of the particles, while some filter out over 50% of the pollutants that cause allergies, hay fever, asthma, and other breathing problems.
To learn more about each of these options, call 952-209-9329 to speak to a Blue Ox Heating And Air specialist. Our team will evaluate your needs and help you select the best whole home or office air purification solution to meet your needs.